1. There is no scientific evidence showing that a faster rate of weight loss will improve your long term results.
2. This rate of weight loss is safe and realistic.
3. This rate of weight loss will help preserve muscle mass which is important for your metabolism.
4. Losing weight at a faster rate means you might be doing something drastic that you can’t maintain.
5. Lose weight faster means you might be losing water instead of fat.Sources: Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults
About the Author
FitnessforWeightLoss.com was created by Stephanie Averkamp, a recognized health and fitness professional and sole-author of the content on this website. Stephanie's approach to weight loss emphasizes making small, realistic, and permanent lifestyle changes. Read more...
Our Approach: Short-term solutions (like dieting) are unrealistic and ineffective because at some point they end. As soon as a diet or program ends, so do the results. Permanent weight loss is a journey; it's not a race or competition and there is no finish line. Read more...