At the end of each week…
Reflect on your goal
- How challenging was your goal?
- Was your goal challenging enough?
- Was your goal over-ambitious?
Reflect on your actions
- What went well this week?
- What are you proud of?
- What was the biggest challenge/obstacle you faced?
- How did you handle that challenge?
- What would you do differently if you had the chance?
- What can you do differently next week?
Always focus on the positives first and give yourself credit for what you did well. It’s too easy to get caught up in the negatives.
“Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” ~Denis Waitley
Set your next goal
Set your SMART goal for next week and repeat steps 5-10.
You may set the same goal, modify your goal, or add another goal. You know what will work for you.
Track your progress
Review your baseline data every 6 weeks. Track your progress to see if you are moving from the now or old you toward the new you.
“If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it’s moving you away from your goals.” ~Brian Tracy
Good luck on your journey to permanent weight loss! Remember, it’s a journey. It’s not a race and there is no finish line. It’s not easy, but you can do it!