1. Measure the largest circumference around your hips and butt.
2. Measure your hips while standing tall and relaxed with your feet together (or as close together as possible).
3. Keep the measuring tape horizontal all the way around your hips and butt.
4. Keep the measuring tape tight but don’t compress or pinch your skin.
5. Take multiple measurements until they are within ¼ inch of each other. Record an average of the results.Source:
About the Author
FitnessforWeightLoss.com was created by Stephanie Averkamp, a recognized health and fitness professional and sole-author of the content on this website. Stephanie's approach to weight loss emphasizes making small, realistic, and permanent lifestyle changes. Read more...
Our Approach: Short-term solutions (like dieting) are unrealistic and ineffective because at some point they end. As soon as a diet or program ends, so do the results. Permanent weight loss is a journey; it's not a race or competition and there is no finish line. Read more...